Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I just acquired an original watercolor or gouache painting…

Customer Question
I just acquired an original...
I just acquired an original watercolor or gouache painting on ecru paper that is professionally framed. The subject matter is of a scene depicting tents, saddled horses and camels with people and is signed with a Red Seal Mark and hand inscribed linear signature in black. Looks like a primitive nature scene. The inside matt measures 14 3/4" x 10". Due to the Seal Mark although different than other Chinese Red Seal Marks looks to be Asian. Would like to know which culture or ethnic group and circa it was produced and monetary value.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
3/17/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

At your convenience, please send a clear, in-focus close-up of the red seal and signature as well as a close-up of areas of the painted subject to see the texture.

~Nora

Here are the imaged you requested so you may finish my appraisal on my original watercolor gouache painting of a mountainess scene with tents, working horses, camels and people and signed with a red seal mark and hand inscribed in black signature overlapping red seal mark. Looking forward to hearing back from you regarding my appraisal on my painting. Thanks, Marilyn (Manny).
IMG_20160317_124241756.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160317_124202741_HDR.jpgIMG_201...jpg1458237161074-734249878.jpg1458237...jpg1458237235711-1982211167.jpg1458237...jpg14582372816591670278886.jpg1458237...jpg

Thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Certainly

Hi There,

I have not found a match to this artist for you.

I will opt-out and your question will open again to all the experts. If someone knows the answer they will post a response to you here. You do not need to re-list your question and this does not cost you extra. There is not a guarantee that you will receive a response.

I will not be able to respond back after opting-out

I do hope you find the information that you seek.

~Nora