Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

May I send a picture of two matching chairs I bought at an…

Customer Question
May I send a picture...
May I send a picture of two matching chairs I bought at an estate sale labeled 'Victorian armchairs'.....I cannot match up to that period and can only get close to American Federal but would like to confirm. Thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
I would like to know the value of these chairs as well. Also, I would prefer to use my own email address but system stated my email address was already in your system. If I'm going to use this tool, I would like to reinstate my email address which is:***@******.*** and not [email protected] (my husband's email). I need to make this system work for me if I'm going to use it. Thank you, ***** *****
3/11/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!

If you need to change your email you will have to contact the justanswer site. You do so by clicking the red flag at the top of the page, or contact us at the bottom of the page.
.
The Chairs are Federal Style, with Swan Neck Style Arms, circa: late 1800 to early 1900 ( Victorian Era ) they have an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1***-**-****.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. For insurance purposes ( cost replacement ) the value is 45-50 % higher. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda