Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I believe I have an original Adolf Dehn from 1938. I bought…

Customer Question
I believe I have an...
I believe I have an original Adolf Dehn from 1938. I bought it for $40 at a flea market. The subject is a farm surrounded by wheat sheeves. I wondered roughly what it might be worth. The condition appears to be excellent, the watercolor measures 12.5 x 18.5". It is matted and framed.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/10/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues of the date, artist, framing construction and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.
If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.