Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 100yr water painting of a boy on a beach in Malta.

Customer Question
I have a 100yr...

I have a 100yr water painting of a young boy on a beach in Malta. unsigned, it was in a home made plywood frame in my Mother's home. I left in 1964, and came across the same painting 2yrs ago in a Farmer's Brand outlet in Chorley. A great mystery, your opinion please

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

The gentleman who sold it to me for £15 had come across it in Clitheroe Lancashire, I live in West Lancs. He had titled it "The Malta Boy. I would love to know how my Mum & Dad came by it. They lived in Warrington, Lancs from 1940, this painting was always in my bedroom. So how come I saw it 2yrs ago ?? I would love the mystery to be solved

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 2 days by:
3/12/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I wanted to let you know that every expert has looked at this and as of yet are unable to find any information on this. There are a few more that have not been on the site in awhile they may pop on and know this. I just wanted you to know it is being looked into.

Glenda

Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.

Photo upload instructions can be found on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please note:

1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.

2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer