Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a mahogany secretary bookcase that I have been unable…

Customer Question
I have a mahogany secretary...
I have a mahogany secretary bookcase that I have been unable to find one like it in online searches. The furniture piece has some markings and I would like to know how to read them.
2474 67-R AF (stamped in)
67-R (painted on)
MAHG
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
3/11/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Is all you are wanting is to know what the markings mean?

No..I can't read the markings. I can't find the piece anywhere. I want to know about the secretary. I am trying to add it to my insurance. I also am tired of not knowing anything about it when people ask. I thought the markings are suppose to tell that info.

Hello

I am sorry, I cannot tell you who made this or where it was made, the markings do not show that. These are inventory markings, that show what the factory did to the item. Mahg, means it is Mahogany.

There is just no way to tell who made it by these nor where it was made.

At best all that can be done is valued this based on what it is.

Glenda

Ok..thank you anyways.

You are welcome.

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur