Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I got this oil painting from my uncle over 20 years ago,

Customer Question
I've really enjoyed it despite...
I got this oil painting from my uncle over 20 years ago, I've really enjoyed it despite knowing nothing about it! lol so, it's got ver interesting stokes on much of the picture, it is kinda of a raised line at the end of those strokes. It is approximately 35x23 and is signed IVAN lV ( I found out there are loads of Ivan the 5ths-ha). It's dared 1765, I'm inclined to believe it too as the canvas is very brittle. It looks like it was framed sometime later? Can't read anything on back ;(. Any ideas? Thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/9/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

There is no listing for this signature in any data base we use. You will need to take this to a local art gallery to art appraiser in order to have them do extensive research on this for you. They maybe able to find who painted this by the way the painting is done.

Glenda