Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a owl carving done by riley f rapier. purchased in…

Customer Question
I have a owl...

I have a owl carving done by riley f rapier. purchased in Gatlinburg Tenn 1972. purchase price $40 anything about the artist

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

That is it suppose to be artist from the area. enjoyed the piece. have not found any connection with other works.is he also a painter

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all I know

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/7/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

I just sent two photos from my phone to you

I won't get them, sorry.

You must email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

no sorry no photos not that computer versed at this time and you don't know of any carvings done by this artist?

It is important to see what you have in order to assess it properly. Maybe another expert can help you. I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in at no extra cost to you.

okay I can send to e mail from phone and will include account number that appears on e mail. phone low battery right now. thanks
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Your previous expert has opted out. Now that you have images, please send them to***@******.*** with "For Nora - Antiques" in the subject line of the email.

~Nora