Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I have a owl carving done by riley f rapier. purchased in

Customer Question

i have a owl carving done by riley f rapier. purchased in Gatlinburg Tenn 1972. purchase price $40 anything about the artist
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: that is it suppose to be artist from the area. enjoyed the piece. have not found any connection with other works.is he also a painter
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: that is all I know
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $13 after the Antiques Appraiser responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Antiques Appraiser about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent two photos from my phone to you
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I won't get them, sorry.

You must email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. Use the same email that you used to create your account. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no sorry no photos not that computer versed at this time and you don't know of any carvings done by this artist?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

It is important to see what you have in order to assess it properly. Maybe another expert can help you. I will opt-out and allow another expert to step in at no extra cost to you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay I can send to e mail from phone and will include account number that appears on e mail. phone low battery right now. thanks
Expert:  Nora replied 1 year ago.

Your previous expert has opted out. Now that you have images, please send them to***@******.*** with "For Nora - Antiques" in the subject line of the email.

~Nora