Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I inherited a gorgeous ceramic piece and I would like to

Customer Question

I inherited a gorgeous ceramic piece and I would like to know more about it. It is 12 1/2" x 6". The major colors are a soft green with painted roses in shades of pink as well as beautifully painted leaves in shades of green. Edges are scalloped and painted gold. There is a signature in a soft white under one of the roses but I can"t make it out. On the back side is a green stamp that looks like a coat of arms with a sash going from the upper left to lower right. On the left side of the stamp is the letter "P" on the right side is the letter "T". Above the coat of arms is a crown, below the coat of arms is says"Bavaria". Also on the back is a set of numbers; 5279/1 and under those is the number 99. It is pristine condition- not a scratch or nick. Perfect. Do you have any idea what the history of this piece might be?
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of the mark on the bottom.