Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

How much appraisals? I inherited a dining set that was

Customer Question
How much appraisals? Expert's...

How much appraisals?

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I inherited a dining set that was purchased by my grandfather for upwards of $5000 almost 40 years ago, the company is White Furniture Company, set includes dining table, 2 leaves, 6 chairs, and a matching hutch/buffet. All pristine condition, all solid hardwoods with intricate carvings and wood work. Curious of the value on a vintage set like this considering most stuff sold today is composite wood and vaneers out of china, not American made....

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/8/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello, my name is Glenda
.

keep in mind what cost 5000.00 40 years ago is not bringing that on today's market. Prices are derived from past sales over the past 12 months.

It is very important to be able to see what the customer has in order to give a correct informed value!
.
Here are instructions for sending images several ways, you can choose which one best fits you , be sure it is uploaded to your computer,
.

If you do not see the blue button that states attach file at the bottom of your page here are instructions to upload images !
.
Click the link: for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
.
Or you may use this method:
.
Go to www.imgur.com
.
click on Computer
.
Select the picture file from the box that pops up.
.
Hit open.
.
Click on Start Upload
.
And then copy the link they give you (it will look similar to this http://www.imgur.com/xxxx) and paste it here.
.
Or:Send them like this: In an Email! This can take awhile depending on how busy they are at Just answer, they do forward them to me.
.
Send the picture to ,***@******.***, in the subject line put " Pictures for Glenda B in Antiques".
.
In the body of the message put , your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with just answer with , so they know who you are. If you send from a phone the email address on the phone you use has to match the email address you used to register on the justanswer site with.
.
Sometimes it can take over 24hrs, depending on how busy the site is. We the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site, we come to the site to answer questions, we do not work there. They get photos in from customers, they then send them to the correct departments ( categories, ) then they are forwarded to the appraisers. I have no control over how fast all of this happens. I will let you know as soon as they send them to me.
.
Glenda