Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have three blue international airmail letters from Louise…

Customer Question
I have three blue international...
I have three blue international airmail letters from Louise Harrison (Beatle ***** *****on's mother) all with her signature. One of the letters also has George's signature "XX George." I wrote letters to Louise Harrison and included an international airmail envelope so George could write back to me (as suggested in "16" magazine.) I received three returned letters from Mrs. Harrison explaining how busy George was (the Beatles were recording in the studio, then touring England) and couldn't answer letters. I was persistent, and the third letter came back with his signature. All this letter writing took place in 1964, when I was 15 years old. The letters have been in one of my VERY old purses, lovingly opened from time to time, and are in good condition. Could you give me a general idea what the value of these letters would be? Thank you, Alice ***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/7/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Beatle Memorabilia ( ***** *****on ) with signature of George's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $1500.00- 2200.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser