Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
51883380

I HAVE IN MY POSESSION A VERY EARLY MODEL OF A LEHMAN AIR

Customer Question

HI I HAVE IN MY POSESSION A VERY EARLY MODEL OF A LEHMAN AIR PUMP WITH THE BRASS OIL BURNER MADE BY ESSEX CORP IN DETROIT, MICH ALL IMAGE AND WRITTEN RESEARCH LEADS TO THE VERY EARLY MODELS THAT WERE PATENTED IN THE 1919 TO 1930'S ERA ...I AM CONFUSED HOWEVER OF THE ACTUAL MODEL IT LOOKS VERY MUCH LIKE THE VERY FIRST AIR PUMPS OFFERED BY LEHMAN I FOUND A GREAT SITE DEDICATED TO THIS EARLY TYPE OF LEHMAN MACHINERY CATALOGS INCLUDING THE FIRST ONE OFFERING THEM WHICH IS WHERE I FOUND IMAGES OF PUMPS THAT MATCH MINE ...I AM GOING TO OFFER THE PUMP ON EBAY AND WOULD LIKE TO GET AN APPROXIMATE VALUE OR APPAISAL BEFORE DOING SO TODAY...I CAN PROVIDE DIGITAL VERY CLOSE UP CLEAR AND DETAILED IMAGES AND PROVIDE ALL IDENTIFICATION MARKINGS PATENT DATES AS WELL AS THE SITE ADDRESS FO WHICH I FOUND THE CATALOGS AND SUCH ....MY PUMP IS IN WOKING ORDER THE IDENTIFICATION MAKINGS ARE AS FOLLOWS
LEHMAN AIR PUMP NEWARK NJ THEN IT HAS A MAKING THAT EITHER SAYS 23 C OR L SPEED IS 400 AND IS A SIZE C PATENT D AND DATES JUN 4TH MAR 8TH MAY 24TH AND APR 22ND THE ATTACHED BRASS OIL BURNER SAYS ESSEX COP DETROIT MI I WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO PROVIDE YOU WITH IMAGES BUT DO NOT SEE A LOCATION TO UPLOAD THEM ..
SO PLEASE ANY ASSISTANCE IN DETERMINING IT'S HISTORY MODEL TYPE AND ACTUAL APPRAISAL VALUE WOULD BE VERY APPRECIATED AND WELCOMED ....
SINCERELY ***** *****
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Glenda B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Without a data plate to go by there is no way to determine the exact model of this pump, these pumps have been sold over time, so a value can be given in order for you to sell it.

Glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Glenda
I received your response to my question and honestly neithe one of my inquiries about the pump were answered, I am not certain what you referred to when you stated without a data plate there was not a way to identify the pump, there is a plate on the pump but it is very difficult to read however I will attach a photo, and your esponse about the approx value was not only confusing but it was devoid of a appox value. At this point i would like to request a refund since neither part of my 2 part question was answered. I am not exactly sure how to go about requesting a refund please advise.