Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of an oriental statues one of a man and one of…

Customer Question
I have a set of...
I have a set of an oriental statues one of a man and one of a woman they are 18" high on a dark metal base. Perfect condition. What would they be worth
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/5/2016
Antique Expert: Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is ***** ***** I am here to help with your question. Your satisfaction is my top goal.

I really like these figures, these are very detailed in a medium green jade. There has been many many jade figures produced (both modern and antique). Your figured seen to be a bit higher quality and detail than some. To determine exactly what you have, we are going to have to find some markings to get us pointed in the right direction. Are there any makings on the base or on the figures?

I look forward to hearing from you,

Jon

I also have another item to be examined also

What do you have?

An old oriental vase

I​ am not sure. Let me opt out and have some of our other experts take a look at it.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

The figurines are faux jade (plastic) made in Hong Kong circa 1960. The pair is worth $75 retail.

The vase is a Japanese Satsuma earthenware vase with moriage enamel detail and a warrior theme. The bottom reads 'LEFT' indicating that this was one of a pair of right and left vases, which was common. This vase was made circa 1910 and has a value of $80 to $90.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

I see that you have read my answer. Let me know if you need to know anything else associated with your question.

If you'd like to have me assess anything else, start a new question and put 'for rarewares' so that you could get me again.

Let's close this question by having you click the stars to rate my service. The site pays me separately, but only if I have a good rating from you.