Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a very old large painting of the iceberg with polar…

Customer Question
I have a very old...
I have a very old large painting of the iceberg with polar dear boats and people! It is dirty! I need to know information about the painting! The back of Canvas proves to be old! Can't find a signature how ever may be do to dirt and the bottom of the painting is dark anyway!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/4/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the painting, signature and back of painting so that I can get visual clues to whether this is a print or an original. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add photos then I can complete my answer, thanks!

Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur