Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

I HAVE A PORCELAINE DOLL,LOOKS A LOT LIKE A JUMEAU DOLL. AT

Customer Question

HI.I HAVE A PORCELAINE DOLL,LOOKS A LOT LIKE A JUMEAU DOLL.
AT HER NECK,INITIAS...J/J..WHAT IS IT?THANK YOU
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

The initials JJ on the back of the neck of a doll indicates Jules Joseph Jeanson, Paris, France circa 1891. There was also a maker named Joseph Louis Joanny of France that also used J.J. initials form 1884 to 1921. The photo is an example of a Jules Jeanson doll. Please feel free to add pictures of the mark on your doll and one photo of the doll with a close photo of the head. You can do this by using the Add Files feature on your screen.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER.NOW HOW MUCH A DOLL JJ COST?
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome! On average, the JJ dolls are valued at $200 to $350.00. Understand that this is a range and some are more rare than others.

Please do click the stars to accept my answer, thanks!