Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I HAVE A PORCELAINE DOLL,LOOKS A LOT LIKE A JUMEAU DOLL. AT…

Customer Question
HI.I HAVE A PORCELAINE DOLL,LOOKS...
HI.I HAVE A PORCELAINE DOLL,LOOKS A LOT LIKE A JUMEAU DOLL.
AT HER NECK,INITIAS...J/J..WHAT IS IT?THANK YOU
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/3/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

The initials JJ on the back of the neck of a doll indicates Jules Joseph Jeanson, Paris, France circa 1891. There was also a maker named Joseph Louis Joanny of France that also used J.J. initials form 1884 to 1921. The photo is an example of a Jules Jeanson doll. Please feel free to add pictures of the mark on your doll and one photo of the doll with a close photo of the head. You can do this by using the Add Files feature on your screen.

89c2deee-868e-4226-85bb-...jpg89c2dee...jpg00dfde47-5da3-4eaa-83d5-...jpg00dfde4...jpgbd9c507c-f007-49e1-bc22-...jpgbd9c507...jpg
THANK YOU FOR YOUR ANSWER.NOW HOW MUCH A DOLL JJ COST?

You are welcome! On average, the JJ dolls are valued at $200 to $350.00. Understand that this is a range and some are more rare than others.

Please do click the stars to accept my answer, thanks!