Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a credenza that my mother in law said is very, very…

Customer Question
I have a credenza that...
I have a credenza that my mother in law said is very, very old. I cant seem to find pictures of it anywhere along with value can anyone help me?...thanks
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/2/2016
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

This appears to be from the mid-20th century, 1940-1970, but most likely 1950s.

There is most likely a makers mark or label on the piece. This is usually inside the left side of the top drawer, but could be in any drawer or inside the section with the sliding doors, or on the back. Is it possible to check? Mid-century furniture is very popular right now, but different makers are more valued than others.

Sincerely,

Jennifer