Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My grandmother has a large statue of a lady it has Aug.

Customer Question
Moreau on the back...
My grandmother has a large statue of a lady it has Aug. Moreau on the back, I would like to know more about it. Can I send you a picture?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/2/2016
Antique Expert: Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Jon
Jon, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

My name is Jon. I will do my best to help.

It sounds like you have a sculpture by Auguste Moreau. He did many Bronze figure sculptures. Some pictures would help a bunch.

Here are some instructions to send pictures:

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on the link below for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

I look forward to seeing the images.

Thank you,

Jon

Please Opt Out. I would like to request for a different Antique Appraiser. Thank you.
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I, too, would like two photographs.....

One of the statue and one of the mark.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the signature.

This is one way that Jon mentioned....

To send photos you may use the "attach file" or "add file" link on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Or there is the slower email method.....

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

The only image that showed up was one of the signature.

Please send one of the entire statute.

I also need too know the size of the statute.

Kind regards,

Doris

Jon,

I received your photos. Thank you.

I need a little more information.

I see some writing on the base that starts out "c Star Lamp"

What else does this say after the word "Lamp"?

I see an electrical cord going across the floor next to and behind the figure.

Was your statue part of a lamp?

Also, the figure looks to be plaster of Paris or some sort of man-made hard resin material and then painted with gold-colored paint. It does not look like bronze or any kind of metal.

Please describe, as best you can, the material the statue is made of.

I look forward to your replies.

Kind regards,

Doris

Sharon,

I apologize for calling you Jon. I was not looking at your name.

Please read my questions and reply. I want to give you the most informed answer.

Kind regards,

Doris