Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a small carved box brass no. 171 trade JB signifies…

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small carved box brass no. 171 trade mark JB signifies the bes about 6"x4"

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It has a rose about 1 1/2" on the right back corner, and branches work .The cover has a dip . It opens to a lined cover with ribbing around. It has curved feet and scrolls of leaves all around it. It is very pretty

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It has a small 3/4" crack where the cover comes down on it in the middle

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/1/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

If the Add Files feature does not work for you, you can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.

I will send you the picture

thank you! Be sure to use the same email that you used to sign up for your account.

I did not authorize the charge of $33.00 on my credit ard

I use the site just like you do and I do not have any access or knowledge of your account or billing details, so sorry!