Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My Mom has downsized and asked me to help her sell her old…

Customer Question
Hi. My Mom has...
Hi. My Mom has downsized and asked me to help her sell her old dining set. I'd like to put a value on it so I can sell in the local classifieds. Nobody around here seems to know. I placed pictures of it on my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3IFgQ8SIRgXYXg4WVA0WmhlMFk/view?usp=sharing
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/1/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a circa 1920's American made Spanish Revival walnut dining set with carved rosettes and Spanish Colonial style chairs with brass and leather backs and seats. This set with six to eight chairs has a value of $900 to $1200 depending on the condition of the chairs, leather, top of table, etc.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Something doesn't seem right - what I do know is that the set is from Scotland and it is made of Oak - not walnut - and all other construction indications are of late 1800's. Not that I care about it where the value is concerned but I do not want to misrepresent it to potential buyers.

There was only one photo of a table with no top and a chair way in the background. Maybe more pictures would make the styling more clear to me.

Strange. It should have showed all the pictures. Not just one. Try this link instead...https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3IFgQ8SIRgXZ2U2WFNmVmR0OGM&usp=sharingThanks

For some reason, I am unable to get there on my mobile or on my desktop. I am going to opt-out and allow another expert to step in and answer. They will be able to see all of our conversations and photos and this new expert will not cost you extra.