Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Chinese bowl that I know was purchased in China in…

Customer Question
I have a Chinese bowl...
I have a Chinese bowl that I know was purchased in China in the mid 1920's - it is 10.75" dia. 3.5" tall, 3.0" dia at the base; it is conical in shape and light tan color with a red and a green dragon on the outside with various leafs and intertwining branches, inside has eight male figures standing in various poses and a fruit and leafs at the bottom. There are no identifying marks but the unglazed section at the bottom of the base foot is made from coiled strips. Can you give me some idea of its origin?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
3/1/2016
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to help with your bowl.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and a close-up of the decoration.

Also, a photo of the entire bottom. Even though unmarked, there are features there that are important clues as to age and origin including, as you rightly mention, the coiled foot.

Many thanks,
Robert.

PS. Once you have the photos in your computer (if you are using a smart phone camera, just email them to yourself) it's then a simple matter to attach them. Just click on the paperclip icon, located above the text box where you are typing to me. If there's no paperclip, click on the "Add files" tab.

If you get stuck go here for help.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Cancel this transaction immediately - I am astonished that you have billed me in the amount of $48.00 already before any work has been done - I would suggest that you refund these payments asap - and what happened to the free trial????

I'm so sorry you're having problems. I work "on" rather than "for" JustAnswer as an independent agent so none of the messages you receive (other than those in this text box) come from me.

I don't have anything to do with the daily operations of JustAnswer and in many ways I'm just a customer like you. I use the site as a way to bring the appraiser (me) and client (you) together so you can avail of specialized antiques and fine arts expertise that's usually not available locally.

I quite understand if you are unhappy with unsolicited messages coming from the site and urge you to contact Customer Support, phone number 1.***-***-**** to have them stop and ask for a refund.

You should not be charged anything until or unless you receive an answer from me that you are happy with.

You should also ask for a refund of your good faith $5 deposit (if you paid one) which you are also owed since you did not get an answer.

Best wishes,
Robert

Robert, I 'll try once again to get an answer re the Chinese bowl that I submitted earlier if I can get the pictures attached

Hi! That would be great. Look forward to seeing what you have, it sounds most interesting.

I'll be here whenever you are ready with the photos. No rush this end.

By the way, if it's any help, it's a lot easier to go through the photo-attaching process if you are logged into JustAnswer.com and operating from your "My Questions" page.

And of course, if you can collar a passing teenager with an iPhone, they would have photos attached in about two minutes.

Best wishes,
Robert