Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a copy of the declaration of Independence it's not on…

Customer Question
I have a copy of...
I have a copy of the declaration of Independence it's not on paper but something that feels like Parliament paper if I am saying it right
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
3/2/2016
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****’m a certified appraiser, and I’d be happy to help.

In order to appraise your item, I’ll need clear, well-lit photos, both overall and any distinguishing marks, labels, stamps, signatures, or details.

Photo upload instructions can be found on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

If that doesn’t work for you, please contact Customer Support for help. You can find their contacts in the box on the upper right on this page:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Please note:

1) After receiving your response, it may take me some time to research your item, and/or I may not be available if there has been a delay between my question and your response. I do promise to get back to you as soon as I have some information for you.

2) I do not handle appraisals by phone, as I feel it is more productive to work through messages. If you get a phone call request, it has come from the auto-reply system, NOT from me. Please ignore.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

2 Mar 2016, 9:10 AM

OK it will be later on tonight

Not received. No hurry, just making sure you didn't try to upload it without success.

Jennifer

I sent some pic
Check these out
IMG_20160303_055926.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160303_055908.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160303_055809.jpgIMG_201...jpgIMG_20160303_055618.jpgIMG_201...jpg

Thanks. Can I get one clear overall shot showing the entire document?

Jennifer

I will set it later tonight and send it back

Thank you, ***** ***** check in when it's posted.

Jennifer

Hey Jen are you out there

Thank you.

The Texas Declaration of Independence is a late 20th century copy on parchment. These are still available (from Amazon) and cost around $15 unframed.

The Bill of Rights first ten amendments is likewise a recent copy, and costs about $15 unframed.

Sincerely,

Jennifer