Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found some of Mom's ***** ***** Ensor prints. The Sincerly…

Customer Question
I found some of...

I found some of Mom's ***** ***** Ensor prints. The Sincerly Yours, Cross Road Frontier Hertiage and House Calls. Need to know the cost of each. Some of them has some yellow spots on them. She had them behind a dresser and have some milddew on them. Does that affect the value of them? T

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I noticed that they were in 1975. They are limited editions.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Antique Expert: Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Sharon, my name is***** am an IRS qualified art appraiser. The average value range for your C. Don Ensor prints is $40.00 to $60.00 each.

The mildew does lower the value, but you can treat it. Be sure to be in an open or well ventilated area.

• Slide a sheet of waxed paper underneath the moldy page use a soft brush to carefully remove any obvious mold or mildew. Dampen a soft cloth with hydrogen peroxide or denatured alcohol and carefully treat the affected area.
  • To remove the odor you can sprinkle baking soda in a sealed container or bag and place the book inside for a couple of hours. The baking soda is quite effective at absorbing the scent.