Tim in Antiques
Tim in Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Certified Fine Art Appraiser, MA, President of ANA, CFAA
54025905

I found some of Mom's ***** ***** Ensor prints. The Sincerly

Customer Question

I found some of Mom's ***** ***** Ensor prints. The Sincerly Yours, Cross Road Frontier Hertiage and House Calls. Need to know the cost of each. Some of them has some yellow spots on them. She had them behind a dresser and have some milddew on them. Does that affect the value of them? T
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I noticed that they were in 1975. They are limited editions.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Antique Experts generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: My name is ***** ***** ***** *****.
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Tim in Antiques replied 1 year ago.

Hi Sharon, my name is***** am an IRS qualified art appraiser. The average value range for your C. Don Ensor prints is $40.00 to $60.00 each.

The mildew does lower the value, but you can treat it. Be sure to be in an open or well ventilated area.

• Slide a sheet of waxed paper underneath the moldy page use a soft brush to carefully remove any obvious mold or mildew. Dampen a soft cloth with hydrogen peroxide or denatured alcohol and carefully treat the affected area.
  • To remove the odor you can sprinkle baking soda in a sealed container or bag and place the book inside for a couple of hours. The baking soda is quite effective at absorbing the scent.