Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a pair of Fostoria baroque 3 candle candelabra in…

Customer Question
I have a pair of...
I have a pair of Fostoria baroque 3 candle candelabra in excellent condition. What are they worth. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/28/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Fostoria Baroque 3 candle Candelabra has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $45.00-55.00 each, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from. You can sell in your local area or a larger city near you with Craigslist, it is free, and when they item sells the buyer picks it up.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Did you look at the picture I sent? I am not seeing this item available anywhere. I think your estimate is too low.
I just found at pair on ebay for $199. that are exactly what I have available, by the way.

I have the Current Fostoria Price Guide, the asking price someone puts on an item and an actual sold value are very different. I have been selling these for over 45 years, and have an extensive collection of Candle holders like this including this one. If you go to Rubylane you can see that a Fostoria Baroque on there is only selling for around 35.00.

On replacements they are selling for 31.99 as you can see here: http://www.replacements.com/webquote/FOSRAM.htm?rplSrc=GPLA&rplSubEvent=81351&productTargetID=97853820654&dvc=c&rplsku=6711923&mkwid=s97853820654|pcrid||pkw||pmt||pdv|c&gclid=CJXsn8K-m8sCFZWFaQod_6AEbQ

.

This one is 18.50 http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fostoria-Baroque-Glass-Triple-Candleholder-Three-Antique-Wedding-/191810967285

.

These sold for 24.95 way way too low: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elegant-Fostoria-Baroque-Triple-Candle-Stick-Holders-Candleholder-Set-/201283635429?hash=item2edd7088e5:g:qscAAOSw8d9U2Qe~

Most did not sell at all as you can see here: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Fostoria+Baroque+three+arm+Candleholder&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=72076&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50

.,

I am sorry they are valued so low. Appraisers do not make up values, we are only here to report to the customer what the most current sold values are. That does not mean that someone cannot sell anything for any price and get it, or ask any price they chose for an item.

.

.

.
.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda