Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

J.N. Daalderop & Zn. Tiel brass teakettle, with the firm's…

Customer Question
J.N. Daalderop & Zn. Tiel...
J.N. Daalderop & Zn. Tiel brass teakettle, with the firm's round insignia on the bottom and a mark "F". There is another word that I can't quite make out within the round insignia:
"GIF??VRU"
Kettle has a fine stamped design of small circles around the bottom and also around the top near the lid. The hinged brass handle is wrapped in wicker. The knob of the lid is wood and screws on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/28/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures. Add pictures of the item and of any marks, writing or labels.

You can also email the pictures to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line so that they will forward to me. This way takes a few hours usually, so thank you in advance for your patience.