Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have this old picture frame it use to have a family

Customer Question
picture in it I think...
I have this old picture frame it use to have a family picture in it I think it is from the late 1800's but not positive it is made out of wood I think it has been painted. can you give me a value and anything you might know about it thanks.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
001.JPG001.JPG003.JPG003.JPG004.JPG004.JPG005.JPG005.JPG006.JPG006.JPG007.JPG007.JPG008.JPG008.JPG009.JPG009.JPG
This question has been on here for 30 hours can somebody please answer it
This question has been up here for 3 DAYS WHAT IS THE PROBLEM
Answered in 2 days by:
3/2/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a stained oak and gilt gesso painted picture frame that was made in 1930's based on the nail and wide staple construction on the back. The frame would have a current value of $50 to $60 retail. As a framed mirror, $90 to $120.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

This frame is older than that there are no staples in the back i know that it was from the late 1800 or very early 1900

You are right about the staples, I mistook one of the sideways nails for a staple now that I have gone back and reviewed the pictures. The frame can then date to circa 1900, but the value would still be the $50 to $60 retail value.