Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a sideboard that was displayed in the 1880/1881

Customer Question
International Exhibition held in...
I have a sideboard that was displayed in the 1880/1881 International Exhibition held in Melbourne
The piece was part of the Austro-Hungarian Exhibit, Class 17 item 77 Described as follows:
Radinger, L, Vienna , Luxury and general furniture of oak wood,&c.,carved an inlaid.
It is in above average condition condition with some restoration required
General Description
Height 244cm, width 183 cm, depth 68 cm
Oak lined interior, lower section has 2 pannelled and inlaid doors, drawers above. Pull out slides above doors and drawers, double cylinder column shaped pilasters flanking doors, to superstructure with pannelled doors, centre alcove with spindle turned gallery supports, ornate carved columns, top shell shaped armorial style pediment. All sections including sides have inlays. Lower doors have foliate scroll inlay, top doors have figural inlays , one door stamped Kunst and the other Wissenschaft. Original brass escutcheons and handles.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/28/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Are you wanting the current market value for this?

Glenda

it is part of a deceased estate and need to consider options

Hello my name is***** will be happy to help you.
.
This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!
.
The Antique Oak Sideboard, circa: 1800's has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $ 9975.00 - 12000.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.
Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you.
.
It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

.
Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site.
.
The only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Hello

It just dawned on me that you are in Australia, that was not showing up before.

.

The Value for Australia, ( according to past actual sales using information provided, average condition with some restoration required ) 14,000.00 AUD -17,000.00 price is depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an Antique Shop or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Antique Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda