Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

2/28/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Can you give me a close up of the wording on this?

L'Estampe Moderne appeared in 1897-1899 as a series of 24 monthly fascicles, each of 4 original lithographs, priced at 3 francs 50 centimes and printed by Imprimerie Champenois of Paris. Many accomplished European Art Nouveau painters contributed works to this publication. The richly lithographed prints had as blind stamp or embossed device, the imprint of a young woman's profile in the lower right corner. The prints are much sought after in the current art world.

Glenda

if I can figure out how, I have the artist
Let me give it a try.

I cannot read the name on this but, I can tell you this is one of the L'Estampe Moderne prints, the print is of Notre Dame or Reims Catherdals, in France. The print dates to the late 1800's.

Are you wanting a current market value for this? What size is this ?

It looks like Purrell Lowerl

Hello

That name does not come up as an artist from the 1800's. This can be valued without the artist name, these prints are sold quite often at high end auctions.

Glenda

I found out a little more , in very small print top left lociete l estampe moderne 1918
Has 12 rue godot de mauroi Paris 1918

Hello

I am going to have to opt out of this. I have to have back surgery today, I will be out of commission for several days. One of the other expert may know this and can help you.

Glenda

Hope everything will be ok