Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have beautiful Handled soup bowls with saucers. The is…

Customer Question
I have beautiful Handled soup...
I have beautiful Handled soup bowls with saucers. The mark is SAXE under a crown with crossed arrows underneath. All in pale green. In black are hand painted numbers:
2887 and underneath 1955. Please tell me about the maker and age of the set. It is vibrant green with hand painted flowers and adorned with gold. Service for 12. And appears to be in perfect condition. Thank you. P Saltz,***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/25/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

Are you asking about a set of 12 soup bowls and saucers?

Or are there other pieces to your set?

If there are other pieces, please tell me how many pieces each of the 12 persons has.

Then I need a list of serving pieces. These can add as much as 50% to the value of a set.

I look forward to your reply.

Kind regards,

Doris