Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Please help, I have several limited edition Bradford

Customer Question
exchange plates to sell for...
Please help, I have several limited edition Bradford exchange plates to sell for my Father who is now in a nursing home. 1 set is Bygone Traders , There is 9.
The other is a set of Europaische Singvogel von Ursula Band. Set of 7.
2 plates in the Beauties of the Red Mansion set.
Where can I get an idea of prices to ask ?
Thank You
G Veltmeyer
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/25/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

You are asking about three different patterns here.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be back within an hour.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

From my research, I was able to determine the following retail vintage store values for your father's plates:

Bygone Traders - $36 each

Europaische Singvogel von Ursula Band - $41 each

Beauties of the Red Mansion - $39 each.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.

Another method that could be very effective would be to place a classified in the "Maine Antique Digest" It has a large readership of collectors all across the country.

I highly recommend this method. They only charge $25 for 25 words in a classified ad. This publication is a monthly newspaper as well as on their internet website.

http://www.maineantiquedigest.com/advertising

Or try your local Craig's List.

I do not recommend eBay. It is mostly an auction/wholesale site.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.
Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris