Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

My name is ***** ***** Rhodes and I have an original oil in…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** ***** Rhodes and I have an original oil in the original frame and mounting signed by Henk Bos. The research I've done says it was done around 1950. Is it worth very much?

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I almost painted over it until my niece cautioned me to do some checking. It is the jug with a glass of white wine and oranges in a bowl. One fruit is sitting on the table next to the bowl and jug.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/25/2016
Antique Expert: Wayne, Auctioneer replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Auctioneer

My name is***** have been dealing in and appraising art work for over 40 years, and I can help you with this.
Can you post a photo of this?
1.
Click the paperclip icon
2.
Click the Browse icon
3.
Click the Browse button
4.
Select your file and click Open
5.
Click OK
6.
Click Insert
7.
Click Save Changes on this page

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

I received the photo. Unfortunately this is a print and not an original oil painting. These prints are selling for $25-50 as decorative pieces. Here is a link to one that is currently being offered. https://www.etsy.com/listing/66081339/vintage-hank-bog-famed-print

I'm sorry but I must be honest with you.

Thank you,

Not a problem. I just wanted to make sure vMy thanks

Is there anything else I can tell you about this? If not please take time to rate my service. This is the way justanswer compensates me for my time and efforts without additional cost to you. It has been a pleasure working with you.
Thanks again,