Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a Rosenthal studio line set of 12 china, including…

Customer Question
I have a Rosenthal studio...
I have a Rosenthal studio line set of 12 china, including gravy bowl, plates, soup bowls, cups and saucers, tall tea pot, salad plates, pie plates, dessert dishes, sugar and creamer, 3 platters, serving bowl & lid, serving bowl w/o a lid. 97 pieces in all. White with platinum or silver stripe. any idea of the value to sell? Possibly 35 years old. excellent condition.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/24/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the pattern and the mark on the bottom of one piece so that I can get visual clues of the date and value. Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures.

I don't have the way to send you a picture, but on the bottom of the china it says Rosen X thal underlined on top of X figure is three egg shaped circles touching the bottom circle is laying side ways, out of the top of the eggs is a + under this it says studio-linie and under that it says > GERMANY
waiting for response

I will have to opt-out and allow another expert to step in an answer. I need to see pictures in order to accurately give you a pattern name, date and value of this set.

I have taken a picture of rear and front of the china, can I email them?

Yes, you can. Email to***@******.*** and put 'for rarewares in antiques' in the subject line of the email so that they will forward to me. This way takes a bit longer (few hours, so I will likely not see them until morning).