Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have what I believe to be a J W Fiske Full bodied Eagle…

Customer Question
I have what I believe...
I have what I believe to be a J W Fiske Full bodied Eagle weathervane. It is the most complete example I have seen yet. I have it listed for sale on ebay and would like a professionals opinion of it's worth. Thank You, Brenda ***********
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
I have listed my Eagle weathervane on Ebay.com for $900
I added more pictures. I hope this helps with your answer. Thank You
IMG_0297[1].JPGIMG_029...JPGIMG_0288[1].JPGIMG_028...JPGIMG_0278[1].JPGIMG_027...JPGIMG_0284[1].JPGIMG_028...JPG
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
2/25/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Is your Weatervane Copper?

it is copper. I was told it is a J. W. Fiske. His weather vanes are some of America's finest, they have sold at auction at Christie's in 2001 for $13,000, Northeast Auctions $4,500, a horse and jockey sold for $24,000 in 2007 (source, www.pottsmerc.com). A J. L. Mott indian chief weather vane sold at Sothebys in 2006 for $5.84 million.
It may be a combination of copper & zinc.

Hi. I recently had backsurgery. I had hoped to hear back from you before now. I'm sorry but since you didn't get back sooner, I'm going to have to opt and see if another expert can help.

Glenda

Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Could you please send the link on Ebay or the Ebay auction number. As well, have you sent images of this to the auction houses who have sold other known Fiske weather vanes that you mention above?

~Nora