Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Attn: Nora Antiques Nora, I have 12- 8.5 x 11 designs which…

Customer Question
Attn: Nora Antiques Hi Nora, I...
Attn: Nora Antiques
Hi Nora, I have 12- 8.5 x 11 designs which my sister purchased from the artist in the 1980's in Northern B.C. and were among her effects which were shipped to me. All are signed by R.J. Davidson and some are numbered and others have borders so I believe these are 2 separate sets. I have forwarded 1 picture from each set to Just Answer support for forwarding to you. I submitted this request several days ago but cannot find a record of it in my account. Please advise if you receive this request.
Thanks and regards, Janice
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 3 days by:
2/27/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Janice,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help. Nora is not available - I hope that's okay.

I'll need you to re-send those pictures to***@******.***, and tell them to forward them to me - Judith-on-Antiques.

Hi Judith:
Thank you or the response. The pictures have been forwarded. Please contact me if you require further information.Regards, Janice

Hello Janice,

Thanks for the pictures.

I have searched my tremendous library and the private databases to which I subscribe and have not been able to find any artist named RJ Davidson.

I am sorry.

I'm going to Opt Out so your question will be open to all experts, in the hope that someone else can help you. Wishing you the best of luck!

Best regards,

Judith

I have been looking also and I believe (and hope) the artist is Robert John Davidson who is a Canadian Aboriginal artist who is still painting and designing and carving in Northern B.C. He carves totem poles and designs movie sets etc. He is quite famous in Canada, having won numerous awards including the Order of Canada. He can be found on Wikipedia and at this link, as well as his website. http://www.spiritwrestler.com/catalog/index.php?artists_id=16That said, I cannot find anything about the Mattuim Series and I wonder if my sister mis-spelled the name. Hopefully your expert will have more luck. Thank you for the effort, Judith.

I had hoped it was him as well,but the styles don't match, and the initials are reversed.

Thank you for the effort, Judith. Now I am wondering about Reg Davidson, his brother, who works in carving and silkscreen and apprenticed to Robert Davidson. I will wait to hear from the expert you referred.