Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

March 24, 2016 To Whom It May Concern, I hope you can help…

Customer Question
March 24, 2016 To Whom It...
March 24, 2016
To Whom It May Concern,
I hope you can help me out. Attached are some images of a clock I have. It appears to be handcrafted, has one hand, is working and keeps good time. The weights are shaped like baked potatoes and are heavy. All I know about it is that it was offered for sale more than 30 years in the Brooklyn Museum gift shop. It had been in its collection but was removed because it was thought that the weights were missing. My father, at the time assistant director of the Brooklyn Botanic Garden next door to the museum, bought it and afterward discovered the weights in the bottom of the clock!
Any help you can provide on the origin of the clock and its possible value would be most helpful.
Sincerely,
Ellen Tomson-Moylan *****
St. Paul, MN 55105
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/24/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock, the dial and of the movement in the back. If it is too dark for photos of the movement, then let me know of the writing or numbers there. The only picture that came through with your original inquiry was the close-up of the medallion above the 12 on the dial.