Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I own what I think is a Shaker, ladder back, arm chair with…

Customer Question
I own what I think...
I own what I think is a Shaker, ladder back, arm chair with rush(?) bottom (all intact) that's been in my family for as long as I can remember. I think it's antique. Has original metal wheels. Color: black. Curious how much it could or would sell for and how to sell it. I live in Jackson Hole, Wyoming so I don't know what, if any options I have from here. It has been securely, safely stored here in Wyoming since 2000. Photo attached is, low quality, old digital photo from where it lived at my father's house in Pine Plains, NY for as long as I can remember. I would love to find out what I could sell it for and who would want to buy it.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/24/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

I can give you the value of the chair and suggestions for selling this online if you like?

Glenda

I'd love the answer to the question you pose but not if it's going to cost more money. I hope I don't pay $38 for a response that doesn't answer the question you pose which is the question I posed.

Hello

It does not cost anymore money, the only way it would cost more is if you requested a phone call, which I do not do so I will not send you any message requesting a phone call.

I was letting you know that I can give you the value of the chair and suggestions for selling it online, I just cannot give you an particular person to sell it to.

Glenda

OK - understood
I would not expect a particular person
and, so far, this site seems quite . . . inauthentic and not ok at all in my book. . . I think I need to be done at this point
do not waste your time
I keep getting a question from a question and then no answer
I'm out
I will not pay
done
I call bullshit on this site
PS I got a request to call you, too - this is complete B.S.
Please help me get my $38 back. I tried to contact you and the site with no success. I will call AMEX tomorrow and cancel the charges and also try to contact this site by phone. I gave this site a try. I thought I would get a legit response. I have not gotten a legit response or anything worth almost $40 or my grocery bill for the week. Please help. I will do what I can to say how terrible this site is which I've never done before. When I signed up, it looked easy to only pay the $5 then only pay the other $32 on satisfaction of response. I've already been charged the $38. Hope you can help credit me the $32 or $38.

Hello

To understand how this works, you posted a question about a chair wanting to know the value of the chair, and who you could sell it to. I explained that we can value the chair online at this site but we cannot suggest anyone person to sell to. I told you if you wanted me to I can value it and give you places to sell from online.

In order for an appraiser to value an item for a customer we have to ask specific question to obtain information. We have to be able to ascertain what a customer has in order to value it. We also have to know just what the customer wants.

The appraisers are not employees of the site we come to the site to value items for customers, we do not make offers to the customer. We are no more then a user of the site just like the customer is only we answer questions not ask them.

Just to let you know the appraisers are not employees of the Just Answer site we do not work for them. We come to the site to answer questions that customers post to the site. We have nothing to do with the customers accounts or business dealings with Just Answer. We are not privy to any information regarding the customers account. We are just a user of the site like the customer is. We have been verified to come to the site to answer questions, that is all we do.

If you have a problem with the account you will need to contact customer service at the Just Answer site you can do so by clicking " Contact Us" at the bottom of the page. Or call them at 1(###) ###-####/p>

Glenda

Hi Glenda,Sorry I got frustrated. I was wary to sign on with JustAnswer and realize I'm not a candidate for this kind of help site - unfortunately. There are way too many ways to potentially spend more money than I intended and still not get the help I needed.Thank you again for your responses.- Sarah
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur