Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Information on G. Ekrem 1914 oil on canvas 12"x 22" sailing…

Customer Question
Information on G. Ekrem 1914...
Information on G. Ekrem 1914 oil on canvas 12"x 22" sailing ship with American flag
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/23/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature. You can do this by using the AddFiles feature on your screen.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

~Rarewares

you can'take tell me anything about the artist Ekrem? Since you specialize in another field why are you responding to a request for information about an oil painting artist? Thx Dro ***

I do specialize in fine art as well as my other specialties. I am a published author on art and I am also a watercolor artist. It is required for us to ask for photos of art in order to give an accurate answer.

I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer for you.

Thanks, ***** ***** just curious. It was not that I doubted your abilities, as it came to me in the email, it appeared I had contacted the wrong division somehow. I have taken pics of front, back and the painting is 12" x 22"
I will have to go to Verizon and get help in sending the pics to you as I don't know how.

You can email your images to***@******.*** and write “For Rarewares/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by administrators, so thank you in advance for some patience when sending this way.