Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have several Dresden pieces that I would like to sell but…

Customer Question
I have several Dresden pieces...
I have several Dresden pieces that I would like to sell but I do not know how to price them
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/23/2016
Antique Expert: Doris, Personal Property Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hello and welcome! My name is Doris.
I have been an antiques collector, dealer and appraiser for over 56 years.
I will be pleased to help you.

I usually can only take one item per question. If you have a set of like items, then I can take the set.

If you agree to this, please send me photos of an item or a set of like items.

To send photos you may use the "attach" or "add" link or "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.

Kind regards,

Doris

I just sent you a picture but dont kniw if it went through

I do not see it at my end.

You can try again, using the same fast method, or you can use this slower method -

This is the official explanation of how to send photos via email:

Please follow the directions exactly or they will not get to me.

Send the picture to ***@******.***

In the subject line put " Pictures for˜Doris in Antiques or Appraisals."
.
In the body of the message put, your user name and name.
.
Make sure to send these from the same address that you registered with

Just Answer, so they can verify who you are.

This method takes longer because the photos are sent to the Just Answer

techs who must forward them to me. It sometimes takes as long as 24 hours.
.
They will forward them to me and as soon as I get them I will contact you.

Kind regards,

Doris

I have just received your photo. Thank you.

Please allow me time to research the data required by your question, calculate current values and write my answer.

I should be within 40 minutes.

I thank you in advance for your patience.

Kind regards,

Doris

Both figurines are called "Dresden Lace" because the ladies skirts are delicate porcelain lace.

These types of figurines date mid-to-late 20thC.

The single lady figurine has a retail vintage store value of $375-400 assuming excellent condition.

The group around a piano has a retail vintage store of $750-800, again, assuming excellent

condition.

If you would like to sell close to retail , some ideas are:

The internet has your largest audience of buyers. Place small ads on these sites or set up your own small store on these sites.

Etsy.com - small fees - 20 cents to list plus 3.5% final price.
GoAntiques.com - more upscale fee based
Rubylane.com - more upscale fee based
Tias.com
Amazon Marketplace: http://services.amazon.com/content/sell-on-amazon.htm/ref=footer_soa?ld=AZFSSOA
cyberattic.com
trocadero.com

Or you could try your local craigslist.com but be sure to take cash payment only. Also, arrange to meet the customer in an open space and take friend with you.

I really recommend Etsy.com for your figurines. It is very easy to set up a small store there to sell your figurines. It is also inexpensive. The site has a very good advertising policy.

A private seller to a dealer or at auction can expect 30-60% of retail value.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

All my answers are quoted in USA dollars.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please take a little time to give me a POSITIVE RATING NOW SO THAT I AM CREDITED BY JA for my knowledge, time and effort.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system. To rate me, you should see 5 stars near my answer. 5 stars gives me the best rating.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you put my name (Doris) at the first of the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

Thank you.

Hi there!
I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help or do you have more questions about your item that would help?

Let me know,
Kind regards,
Doris