Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

2/22/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a painting by Grays, Essex, England artist Ray Ambrose (1927-1989). (Some mistakenly sell these ship seascapes as paintings by St Ives artist John Ambrose, but they are not.)

He was most prolific in the late 1970's and I would say that is when this piece was created. This piece has a value of $100 to $125.00.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Was there any other information that you needed about this piece? If we are done with this item, please do click the stars to rate me and to close this question, thank you!