Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I was given a 9 inch bowl with pink roses & three gold

Customer Question
crowns on white porceline .....
I was given a 9 inch bowl with pink roses & three gold crowns on white porceline ... The markings on the base are Germany , a red star & some rough red printing which I cannot comprehend , all within inner & outer red circles ... This bowl was purchased by a great great uncle for my great grandmother before 1900 ... I am looking for an estimate of it's value !
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/22/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the bowl and the mark on the bottom.

There is no photo of the red star and I do need to see that one. Please add one more picture by using the Add Files button.

This is a German porcelain bowl with a transfer design of pink roses and gold filigree details. This piece dates to 1890 to 1910 and was made by one of the factories in Germany for export to the United States. This mark is not that of Reinhold Schlegelmich (RS GERMANY) I have attached a photo of those authentic marks and you will see that yours is not the same (that is why I was confused by the mark that you had sent at first). These bowls were made in large factories in mass production during this time and there are many on the market right now. It has a current value of $20 to $30 dollars.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.