Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have got an old coin and was wondering if you might be…

Customer Question
Hi i have got an...
Hi i have got an old coin and was wondering if you might be able to tell me what it is for or was used for Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/21/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the front and back of the coin.

I got one that read Royal Mint, try one more time for the other side.

got both

ok thank you
what happens now

Give me a bit to do some research and I will get back to you with an answer.

ok thank you how long do you think before i here something

I will have to opt-out on this question because this coin or medallion is not familiar to me and does not turn up in books or image searches on coins and medallions. I have added an upright photo for the next expert to use (yours was sideways). The next expert will step in and answer behind me at no extra cost to you. Please be patient as this is a difficult one. You will get an email when the next expert picks up the question. In the meantime, it would be good to add the dimension of the coin here as well.

Ok thank you ok wait for another expert
How long till someone else answers it next thank you
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

The delay is because no-one yet who has read your question knows the answer.

As soon as someone who knows the answer reads yours question you will get a response.

Hope this helps!

Robert.

Ok ill wait
Please can I get a refund and cancel this question thank you