Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a photostat photographic copying apparatus Model 2…

Customer Question
I have a photostat photographic...
I have a photostat photographic copying apparatus Model 2 and all the support hardware. Does it have any value other than the scrap value of about 400 lbs for all eight pieces?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
MADE IN 1913
Answered in 3 days by:
2/24/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Early Office Machines as an antiques category is such a niche collecting market that it is hard to know an exact value for what you have. The best thing to do in your case, is for me to put you in touch with someone that buys these items and from there you can determine if scrapping will be easier than selling. This person can tell you what you have and its value, though I am not sure that he buys the rotary copying machines made after 1880.Here is their link; http://www.officemuseum.com/We%20Buy%20Office%20Antiques.htm

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.