Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a beautiful singer sewing machine- seriel # G9078806.

Customer Question
I have a beautiful...

I have a beautiful singer sewing machine- seriel # ***** working condition-original belt and extra belt. 6 drawer cabinet. Trying to decide on selling it or keeping. Any thoughts?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It's in great condition and beautiful metal work. Colors are black with red scrolling.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I do not think this is rare- but it is a solid piece of furniture and in almost mint condition

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/21/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

HI,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Based on the serial number, your machine was built on December 6, 1921 and its Model Number is *****

This machine was made at a time when every home had one, so it is definitely not rare. Most of the ones sold are purchased just for the cabinet. If you sew, you should keep it, or use the cabinet as a plant stand or for entertainment equipment, which is what most purchasers do with them. If you sold it you wouldn't get much for it - perhaps $75 to $100, if it is in excellent cosmetic and working condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.