Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found an old watercolour dated 1829 underneath a victorian…

Customer Question
I found an old watercolour...
I found an old watercolour dated 1829 underneath a victorian painting. It relates to the slave trade (which might explain why it was covered up) and I wonder if it might be worth something.. I can send you a picture
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Why would you give an estimate of 8 minutes? be better to be honest so as not to waste people's time
IMG_1622.JPGIMG_1622.JPGIMG_1627.JPGIMG_1627.JPGIMG_1630.JPGIMG_1630.JPGFullSizeRender (94).jpgFullSiz...jpgIMG_1626.JPGIMG_1626.JPG
2/20/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Can you tell me what the artist name is? The name on the right of the page on the bottom?

A L BROCKMANN. He has a couple of similar subject paintings in the Tropical Museum in Amsterdam, although they are later.

Hello

You think this is a water color not a print? The edges are very straight, most water colors bleed out of the line.

Thank you that helped.

.

Which painting are you wanting a value for ?

In time I would like both pictures appraised. Sadly the angel painting is not signed. I believe it is done in pastels. That was on top of the water colour by Brockman..

Hello

Ok, thank you, ***** ***** see if I can find any information on sales for A L Brockman. I will let you know as soon as I do.

Glenda