Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

EGWebster&Son quadruple plate dated January 30 5number109…

Customer Question
EGWebster&Son quadruple plate dated January...
EGWebster&Son quadruple plate dated January 30 5number109
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/19/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Barbara,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

Please upload clear images of your bowl with a close-up image of the hallmarks. Please also give me the dimensions of the piece.

Please see our help page for help uploading images.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

Or:

Go to http://www.imgur.com.

1. Click "Computer".
2. Double click the image you want to upload.
3. Click "Start Upload".
4. When the image appears on your screen, just copy the link from that page and paste it on this page.

If that doesn't work for you:

You can email the pictures to***@******.***, and ask them to forward the pictures to me. You must tell them the pictures are for the Antiques category, and give them your user name and mine, which is Judith-on-Antiques. It is important for you to send the email from the address with which you registered at Just Answer. If you are sending them from a phone, you must put the original email address in the text.

I emailed three pictures to the address you asked for hope you get them thanks

Did you get a confirmation email from Support?

I have your pictures, Barbara.

The mark on the bottom of your stand was used by EG Webster and Son of New York and Brooklyn, between 1859 and 1928. The 1889 scratched on the bottom of your stand may be the date or it may be some other number.

Silver plated wares have a very thin layer of silver on base metal, so they should be cleaned very gently. In fact, I can't tell if your piece has all its plating intact.

The market in silver plate is extremely soft right now. It is difficult to sell at any price.

If all the plating is intact and the bowl is in very good condition, its current retail (replacement or insurance) value is approximately $50.If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value is approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $20, depending on location and actual condition.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Barbara.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!