Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience:  Antiques dealer for over 10 years specializing in porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.
68269273

Rockingham dining set 6 chairs 1 table 2leaves 1980 Model

Customer Question

Rockingham dining set 6 chairs 1 table 2leaves 1980 Model #8378
I am looking for the value of this piece.
Thank you in advance for your time;
Truly,
Jane
Category: Antiques
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. Please use the Add Files feature to add pictures of the set and the makers marks on one of the pieces.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have sent pictures you have charged me and still no answer for the value of the set.....
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I have not received any photos in my email as of yet. I do see two of numbers here but no photo of the set or maker's label.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are the only other markings on the set.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a dining room set made by Temple-Stuart furniture in the Rockingham pattern, a hard rock maple wood set in early American style. This design was made from the 1960's into the 80's. This set of table with leaves and six chairs has a value of $200 to $300. The wood sets from the 80's are not bringing large prices currently because the trend in decor is the 1950's styles of mid-century modern.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This experience was not worth the 34 dollar price. The frustration and lack of help was worth the answer that my original price was set at. 22 dollars. I would hope you are not chat hinging me 34😳
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

I use this site just like you do, so I have no connection with your account or billing.

It is necessary and required for me to ask for pictures in order to be accurate when assessing your items, so I am sorry if that caused you frustration.

Please remember to click the stars and that the rating is for me and not for the site. I answered quickly and accurately, so I do hope that you will consider a good rating. The good rating is how the site decides to credit me (they pay me separately) for answering your question.