Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a painting that says thisis a genuine Artini

Customer Question
I have a painting...

I have a painting that says thisis a genuine Artini engraving

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Sorry did not finish

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Moses and the ten commandments not to be reproduced without permission 1717 west farms rd bronx

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/18/2016
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This piece was made by the Structural Development Corporation in New York in the 1960's with the trade name Artini Masterpieces. These were created to give the look of carved and etched marble by pressing plastics together then carving into them. They made many different pieces based on Biblical themes and famous paintings then added their own one piece "Carvelo" frame made of layers of wood glued together. This piece, Moses and the Ten Commandments, has a value of $40 retail.

It is important for you to click the stars after you have read this answer.