Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I Have a hardback book written by Twain in parentheses L…

Customer Question
I Have a hardback book...
I Have a hardback book written by Mark Twain in parentheses Samuel L Clemens that has a signature wrote inside of it V.L.Hathaway April. 13.1872 this is on the second blank page and then there's 3 more blank pages and then there's a picture and a piece of tracing paper and then a picture and then the next page has the publishing company and date it was written, then on the next page it has this printed. TO CALVIN HIPPIE of California and honest man genial comrade and eggs steadfast friend this book is inscribed by the author in memory of the curious time when we Two were millionaires for 10 days. it has 591 pages and illustrations phone number is *** *** **** thank you my name is Roy
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/17/2016
Antique Expert: AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser and I'd be happy to help.

I need the publishing company and date, please.

the book is called roughing it and it was published by American Publishing Company in 1872
entered in according to act of Congress in year 1872 by American publishing company in the office of the libertarian of Congress at Washington

Thank you. The "Calvin Hippie" part, is this printed in the book or handwritten? Is there a signature?

It might help if you could upload a photo of that page.

Jennifer

here 's my problem I just had shoulder surgeryand I've been off work for 3 weeks my checking account is real low so I can't spend anymore money till I get some money back into it
It said the phone call is going to cost $18 I don't have that but I could get some money in my account today maybe. let me know what you think
I'm sorry it's not Calvin hippie Its Calvin H Higbie

Received, thanks, I'll get back to you shortly.

This edition is worth around $200. It's the first American edition, second printing.

I can certainly request a full refund for you if you'd like.

you did your job and I'm very appreciative of that and I think you deserve to have The moneyfor the information.but if you could please wait until tomorrow to get it on my debit credit card I would really appreciate it.please let me know