How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Great House Antiques Your Own Question
Great House Antiques
Great House Antiques, Appraiser/ Researcher/ Entrepreneur
Category: Antiques
Satisfied Customers: 2191
Experience:  30+ years in all aspects of the Antiques and Decorative Arts Industry
Type Your Antiques Question Here...
Great House Antiques is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

If I send pictures will you look? Old oriental pot/vase with

Customer Question

If I send pictures will you look? Old oriental pot/vase with (I assume silver ) inlay. It's brass I believe. There are 5 silver birds around the top area of this. The vase is about12" across & about 2 1/2" high, it has very fine in layed silver (thread like ) waves around the vase. Simple bet quite intricate. The birds do have a bit of relief (or raised areas) to them & appear to be identical. The birds are beautifully done, seem to be done by a very talented crafts-person, as far as I can tell.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Antiques
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a few other pictures I can send. The intricate "waves" are so fine I don't think my camera is able to show them, but I could try. There is a small image of oriental waiting on the bottom also. I will attempt to zoom in on these images if you want to see them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  LadyTanya65 replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** am a certified appraiser. I would be happy to help you. Can you take a close up picture of the birds? I believe you have what is called a singing bowl. I will write out how these are used and the tools also to make them sing. Thank you I will post back when complete.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here are a couple more pictures. One of bird close up & one of inscription on bottom
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked at many "sining bowls" online & I have seen none that have this shape & all seem or be a bit thinner

Related Antiques Questions