Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

The complete works of burns deluxe edition 1886 6 volumes…

Customer Question
the complete works of robert...
the complete works of robert burns deluxe edition 1886 6 volumes
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
they are in very good condition...2 books have some minor peeling on the spine...
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
2/17/2016
Antique Expert: Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 2 years ago
Judith-on-Antiques
Judith-on-Antiques, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi Karrie,

My name is ***** ***** I'm happy to help.

This is a desirable set of books. In very good condition, the current retail (replacement or insurance) value of the set is approximately $300. If you were to sell it, you could expect to get the fair market (private sale or auction) value of approximately 40% of the retail amount, or $120.

I hope this answer has been helpful to you, Karrie.

If you have any further questions or problems concerning your answer, please let me know.

If you would like to work with me on further questions you might have, it would be a pleasure to work with you again. All you have to do is put my name (Judith) at the beginning of your question.

I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you. We can still continue to communicate here on this thread after you do.

Thank you so much!

Do you still feel a phone call is necessary?

Why is Biblio selling this same set (without the spines) for $2250.00? the inside of the first book says the publisher or printer was limited to printing 1000 books...this is hand signed 778...
Judith here are some photos
old books 001.JPGold boo...JPGold books 002.JPGold boo...JPGold books 003.JPGold boo...JPGold books 004.JPGold boo...JPG

Karrie,

Your series was published in 1909, which is a later edition. Biblio is selling the 1909 Ayshire Editon de Luxe. No. 295 of 1,000 for $250.

Wish it could be more, Karrie.

Hi Karrie,

I am just checking in to see if you have any additional questions about this item. I need your positive rating! Could you very kindly rate my services (with the stars or "accept" button) as this is how I get paid by JustAnswer, at no extra cost to you.