Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I'm ***** *****. I have three large approx 36 x 24 Tory

Customer Question
Hi, I'm ***** *****...

Hi, I'm ***** *****. I have three large approx 36 x 24 Roger Tory Peterson lithos. These are vintage pre WW II (they hung in my father's room as a child) Trying to get an idea of their worth. Have seen his prints bring $2,000-10,000 at a 2012 auction One is Magnolia Time (Cardinals)) and there is a lovely Cedar WAXWINGS + A THIRD OF BLUEJAYS. ALL SAME SIZE AND ORIGINAL FRAMING

Expert's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

THEY ARE IN VERY GOOD CONDITION. Seeking current estimate of their value

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
2/16/2016
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 2 years ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Which prints do you have?

Really? You missed this in my question? "One is Magnolia Time (Cardinals)) and there is a lovely Cedar WAXWINGS + A THIRD OF BLUEJAYS. "

Hello

Yes, I am sorry, the names were X'd out on my end. As was your name. I am not sure why they were or your name was, the site forwards these so it may have been an error when transmitting it.

.

This is your answer, please rate this after reading the answer. You do so clicking one of the top stars or smiley faces ( on phones possibly )!

.
The Roger Tory Peterson lithographs have currently ( past 12 months ) sold on today's market for an average of " 1942 Magnolia Time Cardinals Lithograph by Roger Tory Peterson. Copyright 1942 Endorsed by the National Audubon Society $650.00-700.00, The Gay Trio No. 105 Cedar Waxwing Lithograph -$600.00-675.00, Bluejays-$700.00-750.00, depending on the condition and where it is for sale at. These will typically sell higher in an

Art Gallery or Private sale compared to an auction. If you are thinking of selling, you might want to check your local Shops in the area to see what yours or one like it would sell for or has sold for, then you can decide to sell online or locally.
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Rubylane, which is a more upscale site where people sell more expensive items. There is also Tias and GoAntiques, which is on the same scale of Rubylane. There is Amazon Market Place, ArtFire and of course Ebay. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great!

If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
If you have more items you would like to ask me about, just start a new question addressed to "Glenda" it would be my pleasure to help you.
.

Rating of the answer is for my professionalism in my communications with you. It is not based on the value of an item, which appraisers have no control over, or any site issues ( technical or otherwise) that may occur while using the site.

Appraisers are independent of the Just Answer site, we do not work for the site. So the only way we are compensated for our time, is by the rating you give me by clicking on one of the stars or smiley faces you see.

Please take the time to rate me,

Thank you

Glenda

Hi, I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. Let me know if you still need help with this questions. Since it is not rated yet, I wonder if there was a problem with the answer I provided for you?
.
Thank you so much!
Glenda

While I do appreciate the thoroughness of the selling options you provided, I'm left wondering if the 1942 editions you refer to are LATER versions of my prints? The first time through you MISSED the names of my prints (you said they were blacked out?) These hung in my father's room as a boy, I know this because my grandparents and father told me this. By 1942 he was already away at college and about to be drafted to serve in WORLD WAR II. I SPECIFIED WHILE NOT SURE OF THE DATE THAT THESE PRINTS WERE PRE-WW II. Thus I'm not especially happy with your feedback. You were very pleasant but I feel like I wasted my time and money. If this service truly is based on 100% satisfaction guaranteed? I shouldn't be charged OR I should get a 2nd opinion. As for my delay? I was on a major deadline with work.
Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser