Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a print from Abeo ut umbra. Psal. CIX v 23, wait a…

Customer Question
I have a print...

I have a print from Abeo ut umbra. Psal. CIX v 23

Expert's Assistant: Huh?

Wait a moment

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a print illustrating Psal. CIX v. 23 from "Abeo ut umbra" which I gather is a biblical history by Johann Jakob Scheuchzer dating from 1795. Also one from "Nehem Cap VIII v 15 Felium Tabernaculorum". The Latin title is also printed on it in Yiddish or German. Notsure what that is. It is from the home of a Jewish neighbor who is 101 years old.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Just sent information

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/16/2016
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 2 years ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

In order for me to properly assess what you have I will need to know the size and see images of the front, back (do not remove from frame) and a clear, in-focus close-up of the signature.

If you had already attached images to your initial posting, they are not showing for me here on my end.

Please send the photos at your convenience. There is not an extra charge to provide more pictures here.

~Nora

Is there a way I can do this later on. I don't have the time right now to take pictures, etc. I paid the $5.00 fee. What is the logistics of my logging back in at a later time to initiate the search?

You can send images at your convenience. No rush - there is not a time limit here.

~Nora

How do I sign back in to get back to this conversation at a later date. I would like to continue it first by this method of typing and maybe, if there seems to be something of interest, switch to a telephone call.

For such queries, use this link for assistance:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

~Nora